December 1, 2018
Dear 4-H'er and Potential Camp Counselor:
It is time to start thinking about the 2019 4-H Camping Program! You can be a part of the camping program by being selected to be a 4-H camp counselor. Working as a camp counselor is a tremendous responsibility and privilege, but the rewards are great.
Teens are selected to be care providers for young campers based on their fulfillment of a selection process that is similar to real-life job selection procedures. Your participation in this selection process can enhance your employability skills and prepare you for the expectations of future employers. As when applying for any job, you should neatly and thoroughly complete requested items for the camp counselor position. All of the following documents are included in this packet and are available BY CLICKING HERE. Packets are also at the Extension Office, 202 Davis Avenue, Marietta.
The 4-H Counselor Event Opportunity and Job Opportunity Announcement lists the counselor training dates, and states the requirements needed to be a counselor. If you are interested in the position, you need to complete, and turn in with all signatures in place, by the February 1 deadline to the Extension Office, 202 Davis Avenue, Marietta OH 45750 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org the following forms:
- 4-H Camp Counselor Application, 4-H Camp Counselor Code of Conduct, Standards of Behavior for Minor Participants, Ohio 4-H Camp Cell Phone Policy, and 2 Reference Forms for first-time applicants.
- Complete and turn in 4-H Enrollment form by the February 1 deadline only if you do not have a 4-H Club and need to join Camp Counselor’s club.
- First year counselors and counselors with one year of experience will need to attend the Assessment Station Training that is held on . . .
- Sunday, February 10, 2019, 3:00 – 4:30 PM at the Extension Office, 202 Davis Ave. Marietta
- First year counselors and counselors with one year of experience will need to schedule a 15-minute interview by calling the Extension Office at 740-376-7431. Interviews will held on Sunday February 18 from 3-6 PM and February 24 from 2-5 PM.
We wish you the best in your efforts to be selected as a 2019 4-H camp counselor!