Washington County MG Program
, Extension Office Associate
Washington County Master Gardener Program
- OUR MISSION: The Master Gardener Program provides knowledge to and develops the leadership abilities of volunteers who enable others to improve the quality of their lives by enhancing their home and community environments through horticulture education and activities.
- OUR VISION: The Ohio State University Extension Master Gardener Program is a premier statewide network of volunteer education and leadership development; as well as a consumer horticulture education delivery system that maximizes human, material, and natural resources, and values teamwork and excellence in educational programming.
- THE VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT: The Master Gardener training course requires a minimum 50 hours in instruction in plant science and 50 hours of volunteer experiences.
What is the Master Gardener Program?
The Master Gardener Program provides intensive training in horticulture to interested gardeners who then volunteer their time assisting with educational programs and activities for Ohio residents through their local Ohio State University Extension county office.
Working with county Extension personnel, Master Gardeners provide such educational services to their communities as: answering gardening questions from the public; conducting plant clinics; gardening activities with children, senior citizens, or disabled persons; beautifying the community; developing community or demonstration gardens; and other horticultural activities.
How do I know if I would make a good Master Gardener?
You could be a Master Gardener if:
- You want to learn more about plants and gardening.
- You are eager to participate in a practical and intensive training program.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
- You have the time to attend training and serve your community as a volunteer educator.
When is Master Gardener training conducted in Washington County?
For information about the next training, please contact Levi Morrow at 740-376-7431 or firstname.lastname@example.org The cost of the training is $99, and includes Master Gardener Manual, MG T-Shirt and all lunches during the training.
Information for Current Washington County Master Gardeners