How to Join 4-H
Who can join?
Youth, age 5 and in Kindergarten through age 18 as of January 1st of the current year, may join.
Where do I sign up?
Join a club in your county . near your home or school. Experience 4-H with a friend, invite them to join with you. Contact our County Extension Office at 740-376-7431 to enroll today.
When should I sign up?
Join anytime! But join by our county's 4-H enrollment deadline of April 15, 2010 to take advantage of all 4-H opportunities including participation in Fair.
What is there to do?
Members, age 8 and in 3rd grade to age 18 as of January 1st of the current year, select 4-H project(s) to explore through club and county activities. Choose from more than 200. Use the 4-H Family Guide to learn about each and every one.
Cloverbud members, age 5 and in Kindergarten until age 8 and in 3rd grade participate in non-competitive activities exploring a variety of fun, hands on interest areas.
Does it cost anything?
Your out of pocket costs for participating in 4-H will include one or more of the following types of expenses:
- Project Book/Resources - Most project books cost $5.00. Some projects require a one-time purchase of a Resource Handbook ($8.00 to $12.00). Purchase from our county Extension Office or on-line from 4-H Publications.
- Project Items - Supplies, materials, equipment, animals, facilities and other resources needed to complete the 4-H project learning experience.
- County Activity Fee - Per member fee determined by the County 4-H Program.
- Club Dues/Fees - Per member fee charged by some clubs used towards refreshments, project book costs, Fair pass, club t-shirt, supplemental insurance, etc. Please ask the club advisor about their 4-H club fee structure.
- 4-H Events & Opportunities - Fees charged for participation in events and opportunities such as camps, workshops, conferences, trips, etc.
What are the benefits?
Members learn life skills, make new friends, enhance self-esteem, achieve personal goals, develop positive relationships with peers and volunteers, and have fun learning and sharing as a family and a club.